Candles for Events – 4 Steps to the Right Candle
Author: Anony Mouse Date Posted:2 May 2018
Here at Southern Lights Candle Co we receive a lot of questions from customers about access to cheap candles for events. We understand that due to budget constraints you may not have a lot of money to spend on decorative candles but you still want to enhance the ambience with a candle.
There are definitely cheap candles out there but are they going to give you the effect your after? There is no use buying cheap if morning of your function you are running around looking for the right candles.
We prefer to use terms value for money, affordable or inexpensive. You can get candles that look great and are inexpensive but you need to make sure they are fit for purpose. Here are the key questions when searching for the best candles for events;
- Candle Type
- Burn Time
- Purchase time
- Setup time
- Candle Type –this is the most important decision when finding an inexpensive candle. The amount of wax to make a candle is the biggest contributor to its cost. The larger the candle, the higher the cost, not just to make but also in the freight cost to you. Using a type that fits your budget is a great way to start the search for the candles for events. Below is a list of candle types from least expensive to most expensive:
- Tealight Candles
- Votive Candles
- Floating Candles
- Pillar Candles
- Scented Candles
- Burn Time –this is strongly linked to cost. The more wax in a candle the longer it will burn.
- Tealight Candles (from 4 hours)
- Votive Candles (from 10 hours)
- Floating Candles (from 3 hours)
- Pillar Candles (from 20 hrs)
- Scented Candles (from 15 hrs)
You also need to consider the wax type. All wax types have a different melt temperature which can effect not only burn time but their ability to handle the high temperatures. Some cheaper paraffin candles can lose their shape in temperatures as low as 30 degrees.
- Purchase time –You could buy event candles from local discount stores but limited availability and insufficient quantities mean wasted time and petrol driving from store to store sourcing event candles. So you let your fingers do the walking and search for wholesale event candles online. Hey presto, you are presented with pages and pages of potential suppliers. Here are some places to start buying candles online;
Ebay – you will find a huge range of options for suppliers of cheap candles. If you spend your time looking through each listing you may find candles for your event. Reviews can assist in qualifying suppliers and make sure the candles will be delivered in time for your event. There is no use having inexpensive candles delivered 3 days after they were needed.
Specialty online wholesale candle stores like Southern Lights – specialise in candles of all kinds and price points such as pillar, acrylic tealight, decorative candles and scented candles from affordable and inexpensive to premium. They also offer great help over the phone to make sure you choose the right candle to compliment your event.
- Setup time –You source an affordable candle only to find they arrive in plastic and it takes an extra 1 hour to unwrap, another hidden time cost which should be averted.
Our recommendation is to look for candles that are wrapped in tissue or paper. This way the candle is protected and you can easily access the candle for a quick and painless setup.
You can find inexpensive candles, it’s just understanding what you need and being comfortable from whom you purchase.
Our experienced staff at Southern Lights Candle Co takes pride in providing quality candles for your event. We understand your specific time and budget pressures and here to assist you with your next event. Give us a call to find out how Southern Lights can add the Finishing Touch to your event.